As the nights draw in, and we inevitably start to look towards what the end of the year might have in store for us, it is also a perfect time to consider making changes to your home and get things ready for winter. It is not too cold out there yet, so it is a great time to get out there and ensure your home looks in the best condition it can be in as you embark on your search to find an appropriate buyer for your property.
Here is your essential autumn checklist for the home.
1. Clear and clean your gutters.
2. Check your roof for slipped or missing tiles.
3. Check the exterior walls for cracks or gaps.
4. Run your heating system and have it serviced to ensure it is working properly before you really need it!
5. Check smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are in good working order.
6. Consider further insulation within the property and do an energy comparison search online to ensure you have got the best deal available to you.
7. Give your home a deep clean.
By following these steps you will help your home have an appealing first impression, whilst also responsibly preparing it for another winter. If you would like any further advice or need a recommendation for a local, reputable contractor to help you carry out some of the work that might be necessary, please contact your local Debbie Fortune office.