(Click on image above to enlarge and subsequently scroll through all images of this property)
Making its debut to the market in nearly 100 years is this substantial link detached 1800's family cottage. This charming home has been periodically extended throughout its history to comprise of: - Open plan kitchen/breakfast room, utility, W.C, reception room, dining hall, four double sized bedrooms, en-suite, family bathroom and large triple garage.
Camerton House is quite simply an opportunity to create your 'Forever Home', within a generous plot and offering superb internal proportions it's not hard to see the property's potential! The original cottage dates back to the early/mid-1800's with the original staircase still intact!
Entering the property through the front door you are welcomed into the generously sized entrance hall, that allows access to the kitchen, reception room, dining hall and stairs.
To the right elevation is the kitchen/breakfast room, with fitted wood base and wall units and benefits from an integrated cooker and hob. The breakfast room was originally the garage and converted in the early 2000's alongside the addition of a handy utility room and separate W.C.
To the left elevation is the 1930's addition to the cottage consisting of an impressive reception room with arched stone fireplace, large bay fronted window and a separate dining hall with another statement bay window.
On the first floor are four double bedrooms that enjoy varying outlooks from the property, all sharing a full family bathroom. The master suite benefits a discreet en-suite with built-in vanity table and also built-in wardrobes.
Externally the property does not disappoint with a mature rear garden, small ornamental pond, and neat patio area. A separate vehicle access is located to the rear of the plot and is ideal for garden maintenance whilst the front offers substantial parking and beautiful red stone triple garages, originally the carpenter's workshop.
Country walks, local amenities and excellent school catchments are just few of the many positives!
Situated with good access to local amenities and surrounded by beautiful North Somerset countryside, Congresbury (www.congresbury-somerset.org) is a bustling village with facilities usually reserved for a larger town. These include; a variety of shops, supermarket, doctor, chemist, church, library, three public houses, a well-supported primary school and pre-school plus various clubs and societies. Secondary schooling is available at nearby Churchill Academy and Sixth Form Centre (www.churchill.n-somerset.sch.uk) which benefits from a modern sports complex, and transport for local children provided daily. There are also schools at Bristol, Backwell, Wraxall and Chew Magna. The area around is well known for its beauty and offers a variety of community pursuits within a drive. Indeed, riding, walking, fishing, sailing and dry skiing are just some of the activities available within a few miles. The village of Congresbury is within commuting distance of the City of Bristol and the seaside town of Weston-super-Mare on the A370 and there is access to the motorway network at Clevedon (junction 20) and St. Georges (junction 21). There is an international airport at Lulsgate and access to a mainline railway station at Yatton.
Travelling south on the A370 from Bristol, turn left to Congresbury at The Congresbury Arms and follow the road. Turn left opposite the shops into a shared private road and the property can be found tucked away to the left.
Additional Images (click to enlarge)